This programme is designed to:
• Introduce the discipline of Youth and community Development;
• Uptake highly interested individuals to develop their competencies within the vast youth development field;
• Develop effective and reflective youth development practitioners capable of applying theory to practice when working with youth;
• Equip students with knowledge, attitudes, and skills and prepare them for work at management level.
WHO MAY APPLY?
• Practitioners or Professionals working with youth, including:
• Civil Servants;
• Community Development practitioners;
• Youth Workers; and
• Interested individuals seeking competency at degree level in youth and community development work.
• Grade 12 certificate with 25 points (in five modules)
• E symbol in English
• Anyone who has obtained the Diploma in Youth Development Work (DYD) at NAMCOL or Any other equivalent qualification
• Two assignments per module.
• Assignments will contribute 50% towards the final mark.
• An admission mark of 50% through assignment marks is required to sit for the examination in each module.
• One three-hour examination paper per module.
• End of semester examination.
DURATION OF THE PROGRAMME
Three-year programme supported by face-to-face sessions