The aim of the Certificate in Early Childhood Development (CECD) is to provide an opportunity and appropriate training for ECD students so that all children in Namibia at pre-school level have access to well-trained staff that offer suitable and appropriate services at ECD centres.
THIS PROGRAMME IS DESIGNED TO:
• Improve knowledge and understanding of how to care for children in their developmental stages.
• Provide a safe nurturing and loving environment for the children.
• Use available resources constructively, creatively and effectively
• Ensure national uniformity of the programme followed at the ECD centres.
• Understand the significance of a child’s development.
• Develop a lively, questioning, appreciative and creative intellect in a child.
• Develop a positive self-esteem through social interaction, as well as self-confidence and understanding of the world a child lives in.
• Provide for the child’s individual needs and aptitudes.
• Promote and foster the highest moral and ethical values within a child.
Educarers in the Industry and members of the general public who meet the admission requirements and would like to pursue a career in this field.
• Grade 12 certificate (20 points in six modules)
• E symbol in English
• Grade 10 certificate (25 points in six modules)
• E symbol in English
• 3 years relevant working experience
• Two assignments per module.
• Assignments will contribute 50% towards the final mark.
• An admission mark of 50% through assignment marks is required to sit for the examination in each module.
• One 3-hour examination paper per subject (exam mark will contribute 50% towards the final mark).
• 1 practicum
• End of semester examinations.
This is a one-year distance education study programme and students are supported through contact sessions.
Registration fee is N$2690.00, which should be paid upon registration, the remaining amount should be settled by May 31. The once-off 690.00 data fee is charged with registation for 10G of data each month for the whole year
Registration fee is N$2000.00, which should be paid upon registration, The
remaining amount should be settled by 30 September.
|Type of Fee
|Institutional Core Modules x2
|English For General Communication
|Introduction to Computer
|3. Early Childhood Development within the
|4. The Child and the Educarer
|5. Physical Resources and Information
|6. Hygiene and Safety
|7. Nutrition and Health Care
|8. Child Development
9. Practicum A/td>
|11. Learning Areas Part A
|12. Learning Areas Part B
|13. Practicum B
Reference: Student number