The programme is designed to:
Develop skilled, committed and flexible professionals who have the module knowledge and pedagogical skills to promote effective and inclusive education in Early Childhood Development (ECD) Centres and Pre-Primary schools.
WHO MAY APPLY?
Anyone who has obtained the Certificate in Early Childhood Development (CECD) offered by NAMCOL or UNISA or interested members of the public who meet the requirements.
• NAMCOL or UNISA’s CECD or Level 5 recognised certificate in related fields;
• Grade 12 certificate with 22 points in 5 subjects and an E symbol in English;
• NAMCOL/UNISA CED Qualification
Assessment will be done through Assignments and Examinations:
• Two assignments per module.
• Assignments will contribute 50% towards the final mark.
• An admission mark of 50% through assignment marks is required to sit for the examination in each module.
• A three-hour examination paper per module (examination mark will contribute 50% towards the final mark).
DURATION OF THE PROGRAMME
This is a three-year programme and students are supported through contact sessions.