This programme is designed to:
• Enhance a theoretical understanding of educational practice;
• Develop an understanding of the relationship between education, training and development;
• Enhance practical skills and knowledge of community workers, and;
• Provide an opportunity for students to become competent in researching, establishing and sustaining community development.
WHO MAY APPLY?
Anyone who has obtained the Certificate in Education for Development (CED) offered by NAMCOL or UNISA.
• Grade 12 certificate with 22 points in 5 subjects and an E symbol in English
• NAMCOL or UNISA CED qualification
Assessment will be done through Assignments and Examinations:
• Two assignments per module.
• Assignments will contribute 50% towards the final mark.
• An admission mark of 50% through assignment marks is required to sit for the examination in each module.
• A three-hour examination paper per module (examination mark will contribute 50% towards the final mark).
• Work Attachment.
• Teaching Practice.
DURATION OF THE PROGRAMME
This is a two-year programme and students are supported through contact sessions.