The programme is designed to:
• Prepare youth workers to effectively perform their duties in youth development work;
• Equip youth workers with appropriate skills, knowledge and attitudes that would enable them to train other youth in development work;
• Provide a firm grounding upon which entrants to the diploma programme can proceed to the Bachelor Degree in Youth Work.
WHO MAY APPLY?
People working with the youth, formally and informally (Churches,Communities, NGO’s, Ministry of Youth, etc.)
• Grade 12 certificate (22 points in 5 modules) plus
• E symbol in English plus
• One year relevant working experience
Assessment will be done through Assignments and Examinations:
• Two assignments per module.
• Assignments will contribute 50% towards the final mark.
• An admission mark of 50% through assignment marks is required to sit for the examination in each module.
• A three-hour examination paper per module (examination mark will contribute 50% towards the final mark).
DURATION OF THE PROGRAMME
DURATION OF THE PROGRAMME The module will be offered over a period of 2 years, covering 4 Semesters and supported by face-to-face sessions.