This graduate programme will prepare administrators, support and faculty staff to effectively plan and manage the day to day operations of an Open School using a variety of delivery technologies and pedagogical methods.
THIS PROGRAMME IS DESIGNED TO:
Upon completion of the Open School Operations and Management Graduate Programme, participants will be able to:
• Examine the historical development of the ODL approach and its philosophical and theoretical underpinnings.
• Examine the foundations and best practices of ODL and the Open School methods.
• Design and develop ODL learning materials using a variety of sources including OER.
• Deliver ODL modules to Open School learners.
• Employ a wide variety of media/ICT technologies and social media tools needed to support Open School learners.
• Support and manage an Open School environment, faculty and support staff.
• Create policies and guidelines to govern Open School systems.
• Demonstrate the habits of reflective practice as part of a process of continuing professional development.
The target audience for this programme are professionals engaged in the day to day operations and management of Open Schools throughout the developing world. This can include, but is not limited to:
• ODL Programme Coordinators.
• Academic Facilitators/Instructors.
• Open School Administrators/Managers.
• Student Support Personnel.
• Curriculum/Instructional Designers.
• ODL Technology Support Personnel.
• ODL Tutors/Mentors.
• ODL Programme Evaluators.
• Ministry professionals guiding the implementation and management of Open School policies and regulations.
• Consultants supporting Open School/ODL clients.
• Any relevant recognised qualification at level 7 OR
• Open Distance Learning (ODL) practitioners with a level 6 qualification plus 3 years relevant experience.
• Two assignments per module.
• Assignments will contribute 50% towards the final mark.
• An admission mark of 50% through assignment marks is required to sit for the examination in each module.
• One three-hour examination paper per module.
• End of semester examination.
This is a 2 year distance education study programme
Registration fee is N$2690.00, which should be paid upon registration, the remaining amount should be settled by May 31. The once-off 690.00 data fee is charged with registation for 10G of data each month for the whole year
Registration fee is N$2000.00, which should be paid upon registration, The
remaining amount should be settled by 30 September.
|Type of Fee
|1. Foundations, History and Evolution of ODL and
|2. Open Schools Systems and Models
|3. OER Design, Development and Publication
|4. Module Delivery and Student Management
|5. Student and Facility Support in Open Schools
|6. Open School Management
|7. Major Project (begins in semester 2)
Reference: Student number