The PETE programme is a special programme, necessitated by the trend that current science and technology related programmes at institutions of higher learning indicate low admission in relation to gender and the previously disadvantaged groups. The PETE programme was thus introduced to address the mismatch and bridge the gap between exit skills at secondary level and the required entry skills at higher education level.
Objectives of this programme
This programme aims to give learners the opportunity to rewrite specific NSSC (O/H) subjects and improve their competencies to levels which will enable them to gain admission into tertiary institutions, and be able to cope with curriculum demands at tertiary level.
Candidates are required to submit their applications at NAMCOL’s regional and sub regional offices. The selection process involves preliminary screening of applications and the administration of aptitude tests.
Candidates who wish to apply for this programme must have:
- a minimum E symbol in the four target subjects;
- a D symbol in order to qualify for HL;
- be prepared to write an aptitude test.
Prospective candidates can collect an application form at NAMCOL’s regional and sub-regional offices. A non-refundable application fee of N$ 50-00 per learner is payable. No late applications will be accepted.
Please submit the following documents with your application:
- Grade 11 and 12 certificate of the most recent examination.
- Identity document card/full birth certificate
Applications open in January each year.
Prospective candidates should note that face-to-face sessions will be offered at the following venues:
• NAMCOL Head Office (Jetu Jama Centre, Katutura)
• NAMCOL Northern Regional Office (Ongwediva)
• NAMCOL North-Eastern Regional Office (Rundu)
• NAMCOL Central Regional Office (Otjiwarongo)
The following fees must be paid in full at enrolment:
- N$ 90.00 (non-refundable registration fee per learner)
- N$ 150.00 without materials/books (for the old curriculum only), N$ 300.00 (for the new curriculum)
Registration and payment for the examinations should be done at the Ministry of Education, Directorate National Examinations and Assessment (DNEA).