This programme aims to empower students to provide support for the decentralisation and democratisation process of governance in Namibia and to support capacity building initiatives of regional councils and local authorities through a tailor-made academic programme.
THIS PROGRAMME IS DESIGNED TO:
• Provide support for the decentralisation and democratisation process in Namibia;
• Support capacity building initiatives of regional councils and local authorities through a tailor-made academic programme;
• Provide opportunities for school-leavers who have an interest in a career in regional and local government administration;
• Provide an academic programme that would be acceptable as a basic entry qualification for students interested in enrolling for a Diploma in Local Government Studies in the Department of Political and Administrative Studies at UNAM. This is subject to students meeting the academic entry requirements of UNAM
• Provide a better chance to qualify as a Certified Municipal Professional(CMP) with the Namibian Association of Local Authority Offices (NALAQO) once obtaining this qualification
Officials working in local and regional government offices and municipalities as well as members of the general public who have an interest in either taking up a career in local government administration or improving their qualifications in this field may apply for this programme.
• Grade 12 certificate (20 points in six modules)
• E symbol in English
• Grade 10 certificate (25 points in six modules)
• E symbol in English
• 3 years relevant working experience
• Two assignments per module.
• Assignments will contribute 50% towards the final mark.
• An admission mark of 50% through assignment marks is required to sit for the examination in each module.
• One 3-hour examination paper per subject (exam mark will contribute 50% towards the final mark).
This is a one-year distance education study programme and students are supported through contact sessions.
Registration fee is N$2690.00, which should be paid upon registration, the remaining amount should be settled by May 31. The once-off 690.00 data fee is charged with registation for 10G of data each month for the whole year
Registration fee is N$2000.00, which should be paid upon registration, The
remaining amount should be settled by 30 September.
|Type of Fee
|Institutional Core Modules x2
|English For General Communication
|Introduction to Computer
|3. Regional and Local Government in Namibia
|4. Regional and Local Government Management
|5. Economics for Local Government Practitioners A
|6. Local Government Finance and Accounting A
|7. Basic Community Development
|8. Economics for Local Government Practitioners B
|9. Local Government Change and Diversity Management
|10. Local Government Finance and Accounting B
|11. Practical Job Placement
Reference: Student number