The Diploma in Education for Development aims to provide an opportunity for graduates of the Certificate in Education for Development (CED) to further their
studies in the field of community development and related fields.
This programme is designed to:
• Enhance a theoretical understanding of educational practice;
• Develop an understanding of the relationship between education, training and development;
• Enhance practical skills and knowledge of community workers and;
• Provide an opportunity for students to become competent in researching, establishing and sustaining community development.
Anyone who has obtained the Certificate in Education for Development (CED) offered by NAMCOL or UNISA.
• Grade 12 certificate (22 points in 5 modules)
• E symbol in English OR
• NAMCOL or UNISA CED qualification
• Two assignments per module.
• Assignments will contribute 50% towards the final mark.
• An admission mark of 50% through assignment marks is required to sit for the examination in each module.
• A three-hour examination paper per module (examination mark will contribute 50% towards the final mark).
• Work Attachment.
• Teaching Practice.
This is a two-year programme and students are supported through contact sessions.
Registration fee is N$2690.00, which should be paid upon registration, the remaining amount should be settled by May 31. The once-off 690.00 data fee is charged with registation for 10G of data each month for the whole year
Registration fee is N$2000.00, which should be paid upon registration, The
remaining amount should be settled by 30 September.
|Type of Fee
|Institutional Core Modules x2
|1. English for General Communication
|2. Introduction to Computer
|3. Foundations of Adult Education
|4. Teaching Basic Literacy and Numeracy Skills
|5. Introduction to Community Development
|6. Health Education
|7. Introduction to Sustainable Development
|8. Planning and Development of Community and
Adult Education Projects
|9. Introduction to Youth Development
|10. Gender in Adult Education and Community
|11. Youth Development, Family and Society Projects
|12. Income Generation and Entrepreneurial
|13. Principles of Research, Monitoring and
Evaluation of Programmes
|14. Adult Education for Development and Social
|15. Management of Community and Adult Education
|16. Environmental and Population Education
|17. Research, Monitoring and Evaluation of
|18. Teaching Methods of Adult Education
|19. Work Attachment (year module)
Acc:114 114 3101
Reference: Student number